Ben Wa balls, also known as kegel balls or kegel weights, are popular tools for strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. While they can be beneficial for enhancing sexual pleasure and pelvic muscle strength, using Ben Wa balls during pregnancy requires careful consideration. In this guide, we will explore the topic of using Ben Wa balls during pregnancy, discussing its potential benefits, precautions to take, and important safety tips. If you're curious about incorporating Ben Wa balls into your pregnancy journey, read on to learn more.
Understanding Ben Wa Balls:
Ben Wa balls are small round weights that are inserted into the vagina. They come in various sizes, weights, and materials, such as steel, glass, and silicone. These balls are commonly used to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and can also provide sexual stimulation. Some individuals enjoy wearing Ben Wa balls for discreet erotic pleasure.
Can You Use Ben Wa Balls During Pregnancy?
Determining whether you can use Ben Wa balls during pregnancy is a decision that should be made in consultation with your healthcare provider. Due to the unique circumstances of each pregnancy, it's essential to seek professional advice before incorporating Ben Wa balls into your routine. Your doctor or midwife can provide personalized guidance based on your specific needs and medical history.
The Importance of Pelvic Floor Health During Pregnancy:
Pregnancy can exert pressure on the pelvic floor muscles as the uterus expands to accommodate the growing baby. This process can lead to weakened pelvic floor muscles, which may affect childbirth and contribute to issues like urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, and uterine prolapse. Maintaining pelvic floor health is crucial during pregnancy, and while Ben Wa balls may seem like a suitable option, it's essential to consult with your healthcare provider to ensure the best approach for your individual circumstances.
Choosing the Right Ben Wa Balls for Pregnancy:
If your healthcare provider gives you the green light to use Ben Wa balls during pregnancy, there are specific considerations to keep in mind when selecting the right ones:
- Materials: Opt for nonporous materials such as steel, silicone, glass, or ABS plastic. These materials are easy to clean, minimizing the risk of infection, which is a significant concern during pregnancy.
- Features: Look for Ben Wa balls with a retrieval cord or loop. This feature ensures easy removal, eliminating the need to strain or struggle, especially as your pregnancy progresses.
- Size: While size is important, focus more on finding a comfortable size rather than aiming for larger or more advanced options. Avoid choosing balls that are too large, as they may not provide the desired benefits and could potentially cause discomfort.
- Weight: Begin with lighter weights and gradually progress as advised by your healthcare provider. Consider a set like the Acmejoy Kegel Training System, which offers a range of different weights to accommodate your progression.
Using Ben Wa Balls During Pregnancy:
Once you have obtained approval from your healthcare provider, it's crucial to approach the use of Ben Wa balls during pregnancy with caution and care. Here's a step-by-step guide:
Insertion: Wash your hands and the Ben Wa balls, then find a comfortable position to access your vagina. Apply lubricant to the vaginal opening and gently insert the first ball. If your set includes multiple balls, insert them one by one. Ensure the balls are positioned comfortably with the retrieval string/loop hanging outside the body.
Exercise: Start with a slow and intentional approach. Squeeze your pelvic floor muscles for three seconds, then release for three seconds. Repeat this process no more than five times per day. It's important to listen to your body and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any pain or discomfort during the exercises.
Removal: When you're ready to remove the Ben Wa balls, take a breath in and, as you exhale, gently pull the cord or loop to remove the balls.
Safety Tips for Using Ben Wa Balls During Pregnancy:
To ensure the safe use of Ben Wa balls during pregnancy, keep the following tips in mind:
- Always consult your healthcare provider before using Ben Wa balls during pregnancy or in the six weeks after giving birth.
- Start with lighter balls and progress gradually as advised by your healthcare provider.
- Choose Ben Wa balls with a retrieval string or loop for easy removal.
- Limit yourself to no more than five repetitions of exercises per day.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any pain or discomfort.
- Wash the Ben Wa balls with warm water and gentle soap before and after each use.
- Rinse the balls thoroughly and allow them to air dry completely.
- Store the Ben Wa balls in a dedicated box or case to prevent dust or debris accumulation.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using Ben Wa balls.
Using Ben Wa balls during pregnancy can be a personal choice, but it's crucial to consult with your healthcare provider for personalized guidance. When used with care and under professional supervision, Ben Wa balls may help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles during pregnancy. Remember to prioritize safety, listen to your body, and follow the recommended guidelines. To explore a range of Ben Wa balls, kegel weights, lubricants, and other adult sex toys, visit Acmejoy!