You can explore many different avenues in the world of adult sex toys. Vibrators, dildos, and clitoral stimulators are often hot products, but what about if you're looking for something a little bit different — say for anal play? That's where butt plugs come in. These toys add another element to your sexy times, whether you're engaging in solo or partner play. Let's take a deeper look at what they entail.
What is a Butt Plug?
A butt plug is an anal sex toy inserted into your anus for anal stimulation. They come in various shapes, sizes, and materials, with many different features. Generally, when you think of anal sex toys, butt plugs are likely among the first toys that come to mind. Varying in look and feel, the best way to find out what will work best for you is to shop around and trust your instincts regarding the most appealing toys.
Why Use a Butt Plug
Here are some reasonswhy do people wear butt plugs?
1. To explore and prep for anal intercourse.
2. To massage the prostate, aka the "male g-spot." The prostate is incredibly sensitive, and orgasms from its stimulation often feel more intense. Butt plugs with a curve are designed to hit the spot, regardless of if you wear it on its own or during masturbation or partnered sex.
3. To fully feel something that for many people is extremely arousing! Additionally, for people with vulvas, wearing a plug during vaginal intercourse narrows their vaginal canal and steers the penis/dildo/fingers right toward their g-spot!
4. To experience multiple orgasms without an erection. That's right: people with penises can experience multiple orgasms. The secret to doing so is prostate stimulation.
5. To act out a double penetration fantasy with only one partner.
6. They feel good! Your butt is full of nerve endings that make it sensitive. The same nerve responsible for feeling anything in your clitoris, labia, penis, & perineum is also responsible for the pleasure you can feel in your anus. Butt plugs are designed to sit in this area comfortably & stimulate right where you want & need it.
7. To make your orgasm stronger. As your pelvic floor muscles contract during orgasm, the anal muscles squeeze around the plug, making your spasms feel stronger & more intense.
8. To leave your hands free for other sexy things. Because butt plugs stay anchored, you get the anal stimulation you desire while using your hands for other fun things.
9. To have a similar pleasure experience. The butt is the only thing that people of all genders have. Mentally, you may be intrigued knowing that your beau is experiencing something similar to you (or vice versa).
10. It doubles your pleasure. People with vulvas often need a second point of stimulation to experience orgasm. Even if that doesn't apply to you, more pleasure = more fun.
11. To sample the naughtiness of anal play. For many folks, backdoor exploration still feels taboo. Acting on this taboo can heighten your arousal & infuse your sexy time with even more, well, sexy. Butt plugs are a great beginner way to explore this.
Types of Butt Plugs
Like other sex toys on the market, there are different types of butt plugs worth shopping for and trying out.
If you're starting with a butt plug, it's imperative that you go slow, and we're not just talking about inserting it. Start with an anal training kit. These come with a few different starter butt plugs in different sizes and lube to get you started.
If you've had plenty of practice and feel confident using butt plugs, whether alone or with a partner, you can graduate to the more advanced models, such as a rechargeable vibrating butt plug that adds an entirely different sensation that'll have you gasping and clutching at the sheets.
Add Fun to Your Play
While many are straightforward and have ridges or a smooth surface to suit your pleasure, some butt plugs kick it up a notch.
How to Use a Butt Plug for the First Time
You've heard us say it a million times, and you'll listen to us repeat it – lube it up! Many butt plug sets come with various-sized butt plugs to help ease you into your comfort zone. Butt plugs are normally shaped with a small, tapered tip that leads directly into a plump, round shape which then morphs abruptly into a rather slender neck. Whether silicone or body-safe TPE, they can please you with your training. That's the anal architecture that'll make sensation escalate quickly as the toy's circumference widens. This shape and following sensation can be particularly pleasurable for folks who like a little stretch. Once you get past the widest point, the toy pops perfectly in place and feels full inside yet light and manageable outside. Because the toy's neck is so thin, you don't get a ton of external anal stimulation from it. With the help of enough lube, plus a little patience, you'll be enjoying the benefits of anal stimulation in no time.
How to Properly Clean and Store Your Butt Plugs
As with any toy, cleanliness is key to avoiding infection, especially when it comes to anal play, which requires a little more care. Before and after use, it's essential to clean your butt plugs. Simple soap and water are all you need, though some materials may require more care. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to keep it clean and ready for next use. Between uses, store it in a cool, dry place and, if possible, in a case or bag that keeps it from being exposed to the elements, such as dust and dirt.
Choosing a Butt Plug
So you're ready for some butt plug fun, but now what? How do you even know where to start with so many shapes and sizes to choose from? Luckily, we're here to help! The trick with anal play and using butt plugs is always to start small and work up. It can be a little uncomfortable at first if you're not used to this type of penetration, and that will only be made worse if you buy something too big.
Once you feel confident with a butt plug after knowingwhy do people wear butt plugs, you can graduate to different shapes and sizes.
Pros of Butt Plug:
● They are soft, light, and typically more comfortable.
● Tend to be slightly cheaper.
● Greater selection to choose from in most cases.
● They are extremely smooth, making them very easy to insert & remove.
● It can be used with any lubricant, including silicone which lasts for a very long time; this can be very helpful if you are planning on keeping the plug inserted for long durations.
Cons of Butt Plug:
● Less selection.
● Some people may find them a little too intense.
● They cannot be used with silicone-based or hybrid lubricants meaning that other lubricants that are not as long-lasting must be used.
What are the Best Beginner Butt Plugs?
If a beginner has not inserted anything inside, not even a finger, and is looking for a butt plug, they should choose a butt plug smaller than their thumb.
How long can you leave a Butt Plug in for?
You can leave your butt plug in for varying periods, ranging from 30 minutes to several hours. However, we recommend you take it out every hour to reapply the lubricant. This way, you won't experience any discomfort when moving around.